Senior Engineer Battery Module & Pack
A brand new company who specialise in Li-ion Battery R&D technologies are looking for a Senior Engineer (Battery Module & Pack) to support their industrial scale up processes. If you have direct or similar experience of production of battery modules/ packs, particularly cell insertion, welding, cooling and joining, and you want to get into one of the fastest growing and best invested sectors in UK Manufacturing, then please apply.
Commutable from: Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Leicester, Birmingham
Salary: £ 49,000 - £ 56,000 p.a.
Suitable for: Project Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Project Engineer, Lead Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer
• The Senior Engineer (Battery Modules & Packs) will carry out research and production of Battery Modules to support the ramp up into series productions and the associated activities, with reference to: Process Equipment Commissioning; Quality Management; Recruitment; and Team Development
• To provide specialist technical recommendations, practical tools and design resolution advice for manufacturing and performance within the project
• To share information with colleagues and customers, and provide recommendations.
• To manage research aspects of the project including contributing to academic publications, technical reports and other presentations and dissemination methods
• To assist with the development and delivery of teaching and training materials to disseminate the research findings in a format that will encourage successful implementation.
• To identify, operate and install suitable equipment to support the project objectives. Carrying out suitable tests to evaluate the equipment performance effect on product to push forward the boundaries of current knowledge in each topic area. Running on a campaign strategy.
• To record and track the delivery of deliverables during research and production & identify routes for achievement of targets.
• The Senior Engineer (Battery Module & Pack) will have an honours degree or higher in a relevant engineering discipline.
• You will have a good understanding of manufacturing engineering and industrial automation (preferably Battery Module or Pack Assembly) within high value industries.
• You will have experience in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation specific to Battery Module assembly or comparable processes. E.g. Automotive, Aeronautical, Food etc.
• Experience of manufacturing process engineering within automotive battery module or pack assembly, or relevant industrial sector. (e.g. High speed manufacturing)
• Taking R&D principals and moving to first implementation within a "real world" environments.
• Ideally will have worked with automotive battery module and pack assembly, or similar aligned industry experience.
• Skilled at project planning and reporting.
• Able to effectively make process improvements and recommendations
• Strong problems solving skills and commercially focused.
• Excellent communications skills, able to present materials to a wide audience and present training as required.
• Able to initiate, plan, organise, implement and deliver programmes to tight deadlines.
• Excellent IT ability as well as experience with PLC, SCADA, MES and CAD technologies.
• A significant level of product development experience within an industrial context.
To apply send your CV to James Speller or contact James to discuss further 07557923976.