Simulation Tools Developer
A world leading manufacturer are working with a well-known sailing team to support a challenge for the American Cup title. To assist them in this they require a skilled Simulation Tools Developer to design, develop and maintain tools which unite existing simulation tools into a single production environment enabling engineers to gain quick and powerful insight into their design concepts. Fixed Term Contract until March 2021.
Commutable from: Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham, Waterlooville, Isle-of-Wight, Havant, Winchester
Salary: £ 60,000 - £ 80,000 p.a. dependent on experience
Suitable for: Simulation Engineer, Simulation Tools Engineer, Simulation Tools Developer
The Simulation Tools Developer will work closely with a small development team responsible for each of the constituent tools. You will be responsible for improving the productivity of these tools by making it simpler for engineers to access them, run studies and analyse data.
As Simulation Tools Developer your responsibilities will include:
• Wide ranging experience with Python including:
• System architecture and design
• Interfacing with low level languages like C++
• Interaction with Rest APIs
• Remote computation and job management
• Some UI development - Qt or similar
• Some experience with C++ or C
• Building and testing for production - unit testing, version control, auto deployment.
• High standard of care and attention to the quality of your work - including good practice record keeping, documentation, and adherence to standards / conventions.
They are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional Simulation Tools Developer, with the following skills and experience:
Technically sharp, with a relevant technical degree or equivalent
Held a similar position and have the relevant technical expertise detailed above.
Experience of sailing or marine manufacturing is not required.
As a candidate for this role you should be a strong team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of a project.
Flexible working hours and the ability to work well under pressure are also both central to this role, along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Steve Doyle or call 07789 204069 for further information