Advanced Design Engineer
The Manufacturing Technology Centre is a UK success story - created to provide manufacturing systems solutions in an agile environment in partnership with industry, academia and other institutions. Working in partnership with Consilium Recruit they are seeking a Advanced Design Engineer. The purpose of the role is to undertake research and deliver projects for the Advanced Production Systems Group and its Assembly Systems team.
Duties and responsibilities for the Advanced Design Engineer are:
To deliver tasks within the product development process, whilst falling within the remits in relation to time scales and budgets.
Work closely with industrial partners to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
Support the development of proposals for individual projects including definitions and deliverables.
Undertake exercises and tasks allocated by senior members of the team to either maintain, sustain or grow the business including attending events, creating material for marketing and business development activity.
The successful candidate for the Advanced Design Engineer role will:
• Have a BSc or Bend degree in an appropriate engineering subject
• Experience in a manufacturing or design engineering role with evidence of the application of CAD skills
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge of design for working with difficult environmental conditions, machining and containment within complex parameters
• Have strong problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent IT skills - Proficient with the use of the Microsoft office packages
• Have very good report writing skills and have the ability to present technical data and reports to a varied audience
To apply please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Matthew Fielding