Data & Information Systems - Research Engineer
The MTC seeks a Data & Information Systems - Advanced Research Engineer to join the Manufacturing Informatics research team. The Informatics team undertakes research work focussed primarily on Manufacturing Capability Readiness Levels 4-6. Informatics is one of the verticals within the Digital Engineering Department and is responsible for generating knowledge from the data acquired at factory floor level.
The Data & Information Systems - Advanced Research Engineer duties and responsibilities are:
• To support the Intelligent Automation and Informatics theme in particular the Data and Information Systems team with creative problem solving, solution concepts, system design and integration.
Support programming needs with high level programming within Python, R, Java, C++ or C#
• To contribute to projects related to data systems, data mining, data science and decision support systems.
• Customer and partner liaison in large collaborative projects to ensure requirements capture, project delivery, overall project direction;
• Lead engagement with new customers and win new business;
• Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its applications;
The successful candidate for the Data & Information Systems - Advanced Research Engineer role will:
Will be an expert in high level programming within Python, R, Java, C++ or C#
• Have experience in the use of advanced statistical analysis and machine learning methods (e.g. statistical significance, correlation, pattern recognition, regression models, probabilistic models, decision tree, clustering, variable selection, rule generation etc.)
• Have working knowledge of data mining tools like KNIME, WEKA or RapidMiner and also have knowledge of Mobile Apps Development
• Have experience and expert knowledge of at least one of the high-level programming languages (Java, C/C++ or C#);
• Have knowledge of NoSQL data stores, open source big-data technology, such as Apache Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Impala, Hive, Pig, and MapReduce;
• Knowledge of enterprise architectures and modelling;
To apply online please email your CV to Alex Harman