Working for a state of the art Manufacturing Research Centre in Coventry, they are recruiting for a Project Coordinator to support the theme groups and enable cost effective Project Administration through to Project Management of significant projects adding value to the technical team contribution. The successful candidate will possess Microsoft Project experience.
Duties and responsibilities for the successful Project Coordinator will be:
• Identify opportunities for maintaining and updating performance standards
• Project creation in ERP systems including creation of contracts and planning of milestones
• Measuring and reporting on organisational metrics.
• Creation of projects within the project server database, liaison with project managers to ensure that the correct information is collected at project creation and maintained throughout the life of the project.
• Monitoring the progress of projects and notifying project managers/programme managers about project abnormalities or variances to enable critical decision making
• Identifying projects with difficulties and helping implement re-planning where necessary.
• Reviewing and reporting project budget and finances.
• Aide project resourcing and support the project management teams to maintain effective resourcing plans
• Assist in the day to day running of the Project Management Office (PMO) carrying out support activities as required
• Providing support to themes and other members of the PMO team providing regular reporting on individual project as well as organisation performance.
• Assist Chief Engineer / Senior Programme Manager to ensure that all forms of project reporting (costs, resourcing, invoicing) for the group are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
• Managing low and medium value projects to successful completion.
• Carry out specific duties as may be reasonably requested by the management team that are commensurate with the nature and grade of the role.
The successful Project Coordinator will be:
• Qualified to degree level in technical and / or business related discipline.
• Ambitious and self-motivated able to demonstrate drive and energy.
• To be prepared/ capable to develop into a Project Manager and beyond.
• An organised yet flexible approach and able to influence/deliver through others
• Articulate and able to effectively communicate at all levels of the business.
• Experience of Microsoft project management tools preferred
• Numerate with a strong focus on financial management, a working understanding of the various project management tools that relate to a professional services environment
• Strong administrative skills
• Articulate and able to effectively communicate at all levels of the business
• Supports a team culture
• An organised yet flexible approach
• Embrace personal and professional development as required
To apply please forward a copy of your CV to Matthew Fielding.