Chief Engineer - Robotics & Automation
This is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of world class R&D within robotics development where you can use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop new integrated solutions and support future roadmaps for advanced robotics and automation.
The company are growing quickly and work with global business in the development of manufacturing capabilities enhancing academic principles and industrial ideas for the realization of robotic applications, flexible handing and automation of the manufacturing process.
The role is a three year contract initially which would be renewable based on performance and contribution to the company.
Reporting to and working closely with the Group Manager, to plan & drive the technology development & research direction for the Robotics group. As a subject matter expert, he/she will also be mentoring junior engineers or scientist to deliver important KPIs that are aligned to strategic goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering key projects and ensure relevance to the manufacturing industry.
• Develop group technology roadmap of robotic capabilities, for manufacturing process and ensure it is align to market trends and customer requirements.
• Drive personal and team`s R&D effort in robotic process technology development for manufacturing applications
• Mentor the staff in design, analyze, troubleshoot and debugging systems and develop automation solutions using robots, for industry partners
• Propose and develop team`s R&D direction and ensure it is align to market trends, customer requirements and strategic directions.
• Lead & motivate a team of engineers for key projects delivery.
• Manage and plan technical training & career growth for engineer and scientist to meet group`s key performance indicators.
• Responsible for delivering group`s KPI in terms of knowledge creation, technology transfer, publications and intellectual property.
• Significant experience in manufacturing and R&D technology development especially in the area of automation and robotic technology, with extensive knowledge in integrating software & hardware to develop robotic applications for manufacturing process
• Possess broad knowledge in developing software architecture, design and evaluate technologies for robotic systems with industry standards
• Significant experience in programming / software development (GUI, drivers, Linux-based development)
• Proven work experience in control system for industrial automation & tools such as image processing, machine vision etc.
• Good experience in translating business requirements from manufacturing industry into system requirements for automation process
• Possess broad knowledge in using lean tools such as DMAIC or PFMEA etc and use this knowledge to facilitate technical discussion and derive appropriate methodology.
• Proven track record of success in leadership positions
• Capable in customer engagement and advice key customers on technical risk, alternatives or solutions.
• Proven experience in leading and mentoring engineers or scientist to deliver R&D projects for internal or external customers.
• Proven experience in leading integrated project teams and possess track record in delivering technology solutions to improve productivity.
• Able to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to staff, customers, top management and public groups.
The company offer full support for the individual to work in Singapore, including a basic salary dependent on experience and education attainment, relocation assistance including financial relocation support, return airfare, housing allowance and short term accommodation allowing you to settle locally.
To apply please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Adrian Elwell firstname.lastname@example.org