The UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC) are currently recruiting a FA&T Engineer to join the company. UKBIC are a leading Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing Technical Centre located in the West Midlands. They aim to develop the next generation of battery systems across electrode, cell, module and pack levels to allow companies to move to full scale, high volume battery manufacturing.
Commutable from: Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Leicester, Birmingham
Salary: £ 49,000 - £ 56,000 p.a.
Suitable for: FA&T Engineer, Formation, Aging and Test Engineer, Project Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer
The FA&T Engineer will carry out research and production of Battery Modules to support the ramp up into series productions and the associated activities, with reference to: Process Equipment Commissioning; Quality Management; Recruitment; and Team Development
To provide specialist technical recommendations, practical tools and design resolution advice for manufacturing and performance within the project
To share information with colleagues and customers, and provide recommendations.
To manage research aspects of the project including contributing to academic publications, technical reports and other presentations and dissemination methods
To assist with the development and delivery of teaching and training materials to disseminate the research findings in a format that will encourage successful implementation.
To identify, operate and install suitable equipment to support the project objectives. Carrying out suitable tests to evaluate the equipment performance effect on product to push forward the boundaries of current knowledge in each topic area. Running on a campaign strategy.
To record and track the delivery of deliverables during research and production & identify routes for achievement of targets.
• The FA&T Engineer will have an honours degree or higher in a relevant engineering discipline.
• You will have a good understanding of manufacturing engineering and industrial automation (preferably Battery Module or Pack Assembly) within high value industries.
• You will have experience in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation specific to Battery Module assembly or comparable processes. E.g. Automotive, Aeronautical, Food etc.
• Experience of manufacturing process engineering within automotive battery module or pack assembly, or relevant industrial sector. (e.g. High speed manufacturing)
• Taking R&D principals and moving to first implementation within a "real world" environments.
• Skilled at project planning and reporting.
• Able to effectively make process improvements and recommendations
• Strong problems solving skills and commercially focused.
• Excellent communications skills,
• Able to initiate, plan, organise, implement and deliver programmes to tight deadlines.
• Excellent IT ability as well as experience with PLC, SCADA, MES and CAD technologies.
• A significant level of product development experience within an industrial context.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading immerging technology business, driving the advancement of battery technologies in the UK. The role offers outstanding career development within a truly exciting sector and manufacturing environment.
To for more information about the Purchasing Manager position, please send your CV to James Speller by applying online.